|Subject: Diacks Weekly Newsletter|
|From: "Diacks Nurseries Ltd"|
|Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:34:11 +1200|
WEEKLY NEWSLETTER This is our weekly newsletter. If you do not wish to be on the mailing list, please contact us and let us know, if we do not hear from you we will continue to forward you interesting gardening information, chances to win exciting prizes, great gardening offers and much much more.
628 Tweed Street849 North RoadPO Box 181InvercargillPh: (03) 2168265Fax: (03) 2168089 WhenFor the week of: Wednesday 29th July 2009WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING?:Seed potaotes are on the agenda, we have 24 different varieties. The earliest being rocket, liseta and swift which take 60 days to mature. Jersey bennes, maris anchor and cliffs kidney all take 90 days, so you can calculate your chirstmas crop. We're selling a few peas and beans now too, we have seeds available, or plants if you want a head start. There's been a few loads of compost going out as the people are getting their glasshouses and tunnelhouses prepare for the tomato crop. We usually get our first supertoms at the beginning of august. Still plenty of polys in colour and a few pansies. Maggie mots are another great perennial pansy in purple and yellow. Witchhazels in red and yellow are in flower now. It's time now to plant your shelter trees, we have poplars, willows, alders, macrocarpa, pines, leylandiis, plus loads more.WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING?:Getting prepared for spring. Dig under green crops and clean out glasshouses. Spread compost and dig in. Check your lawn for moss and treat with sulphate of iron. Surrender is also good if you want to spray lawns and paths.THIS WEEKS SPECIAL:Lilies half price.Only with this weeks issue of Diacks News Letter.THIS WEEKS PRODUCT:Propham potato dust.A specially formulated dust to prevent the sprouting of stored table potatoes.150g nett$9.99.SUPER SAVE PET DEPOHappy cat play center.Were 54.98 now only $39.98.Turns bored cats into playful kittens.PLANT OF THE WEEK COMPETITION:
Take a look at the plant attached below and if you recognise it e-mail us with your answer. If you are the first to guess correctly you will win!
Last weeks answer: Sweet pea Spencer mixLast weeks winner: Gillian BrockRECIPE OF THE WEEK:
2-3 large Agria potatoes
3 Tb peanut, canola, or light olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick batons. Put in a large saucepan and cover with cold water and season with salt.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain into a large sieve or colander and leave for several minutes to steam dry. You can also cook them to this stage several hours ahead of time.
- Preheat the oven to 210C ( preferably fanbake).
- Tip the pre-cooked potatoes into a roasting pan and sprinkle with the oil. Gently toss the potatoes to lightly coat them with oil.
- Put in the oven and roast until the potatoes are golden brown. After 10 minutes, use a fish slice to push the browner chips from the edge of the pan into the centre and the paler chips to the edges.
- Roast for another 5 minutes or until the chips are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and pile into a bowl lined with paper towels to soak in any excess oil.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 2-3.
JOKE OF THE WEEK:
knock knock !
Arthur who !
Arthur any cats in your garden ?
HAVE A GOOD WEEK!Clerical errors or omissions, whether in computation or otherwise in any quotation, acknowledgements or invoice, shall be subject to correction.